Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Job Creators

What occurs to me is that there is a lot of discussion about job creators which makes very little sense to me.  In a former lifetime, I owned and ran a business, and at its peak, there were over 80 people who worked for me.  I wasn't a job creator.  The people I did business with, my customers, were the job creators.  When I started, I had four employees.  As business increased, I hired more people, and we became more diversified.  We had established a reputation for both service and quality, and word spread, and as our volume increased, in order to maintain that reputation, we brought on more people.  It isn't wealthy people making investments that create jobs, it's people spending money on goods and services which they want and need.  If helping the job creators is a reasonable goal of the government, then putting policies in place to put Americans back to work is the only real way to support job creators.  The more people who have more to spend, the more jobs will be created.  According to an association of engineers, civil engineers I think, America has 2.2 trillion dollars worth of infrastructure creation, repair and maintenance that needs to be done.  Even if its spread over 10 years, $220 billion dollars will put a lot of people back to work doing things which need to be done.  It will also help bring back the support services for the businesses, reduce the government outlay for unemployment (the amount of which is never discussed and financial statistics are not readily available), open doors for the youth who will be the source of future development, and will help reduce our national debt.  The rich aren't job creators, and its time we all get that message.

I have listened to "job creators" for a decade, and wonder where are the jobs?  The wealthy have had the vast benefit of all the tax reductions and the rhetoric.  Mr. Boehner, where are the jobs?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment