Followers

Friday, March 30, 2012

Some things for Spring

It occurs to me that we need a little whimsy on a sunny Spring day.  This is the time of year that I love the best.  For the past few years, I have increased my gardening skills to make an impact on my morning walk to pick up the newspaper.  (Yes, I still read one, made of printers ink and wood pulp!)  Spring came early here this year.  Two weeks ago, crocuses said "We're back."  The daffodils followed, and are now completing their visit.  This week, the tulips exploded in the colorful display I keep hoping for.  Bright red, soft white, yellow, purple.  Lilies are pushing up, daylilies are green and growing.  I dug a new bed for the three hydrangeas I bought.  I have callas, oriental lilies, begonias, and foxglove ordered.  The peonies are stretching and after 3 years, I hope to have some SERIOUS plants.  The rhododendron is starting to bud.  Even the boxwoods have a bunch of new growth.  I love digging in the dirt.  Next come the veggies-tomatoes, peppers, and whatever else seems interesting. 

Winter officially ends on Monday, according to me.  After a long winter, the NCAA March Madness finals will crown a champion, and winter is over.  And next week is Opening Day.  For those of you who don't know, that means its baseball season.  Finally, again.  Go PHILS.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment